Tuesday 23 August 2011

My trip away....in haiku.

I was challenged by a friend to write a haiku diary. I start with the entries about a trip away to Lancashire to see some of my oldest and bestest friends. 


19/8/11
Blackburn to see Carl
Eight hours by coach. Worth it.
Old friends don't change much.


20/8/11
Grace, Carl and I took
nostalgic drinks in old pubs
I kipped on grass verge.


21/8/11
Bleary eyes and head
Bickering, joking, laughing
Ate Salford curry


22/8/11
Kate Bush-ing on moors
Sitting on top of the world
Eternal ride home.


23/8/11 
Home, safe and knackered
The fleas are biting again
So pleased to see me



24/8/11 
Itchiness awake!
The fleas, on the move again
But the novel crawls



25/8/11 
Disappointing day
Gave in to lazy urges
All play and no work



- Hmmm, mysterious in haiku aren't they? Maybe I shall improve.


Yours



No comments:

Post a Comment